Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Cards for Libby...how to help!

Dear friends,

I'm posting again today because one of my closest friends needs our creative help! My dear friend from church, Libby, is expecting her second child with her husband, Nate. They already have one little girl, Hannah, who is just a doll! Early on in her pregnancy, Libby and Nate were told there was something seriously wrong with the baby. The doctors suspected Down's syndrome. After several tests, they were relieved to find that everything was okay! It was a miracle!

But, a later ultrasound revealed that everything was not okay. The baby has Anencephaly, which basically means that the baby's brain is growing outside its head. The condition is fatal. They were told that the baby might die in the womb or a few hours or days after its birth. As I'm sure you can imagine, Libby and Nate were devastated. The doctors kept telling them to abort the baby. But, they stuck firmly to their beliefs that God created this child for a reason. So, we all prayed for them. And, the baby has continued to grow and live in her womb!

Libby is scheduled to be induced next week. Her and Nate have sadly had to make decisions that none of us would ever hope to make - hospice care, funeral arrangements and even organ donation. Last week, they met with a neurosurgeon from Iowa City who gave them a glimmer of hope. There's a chance multiple surgeries might sustain this tiny life! We're certainly all hopeful and we know God can work a miracle if He chooses to.

So, how can you help this wonderful family? Well, first of all pray! This family needs to be surrounded in prayer as they still have some tough decisions to make. Pray for a miracle! Pray that God's will would be done and the baby would not suffer. Pray for a smooth delivery and for immeasurable peace and strength for Nate and Libby.

Libby has such a sweet spirit and I'm trying to come up with anything I can to help her. Recently, she mentioned to me that she would like to make a bunch of thank you cards to send to people who have helped them. Time has run out, and to me it's the last thing she should be worrying about now.

I have so many talented friends in the scrapbooking world that I thought you might help answer this call for a dear friend of mine. I would like to present her with at least 100 thank you cards that she can use over the next month or so.

If you would like to help, just create as many thank cards as you can. If you can send as little as 1 card, that would help greatly! They can be as simple or as elaborate as you want. The other thing that would help is if you could send postage stamps and it would be awesome if you can include a personal note or card of encouragement to them when you send me the cards.

Please send me an e-mail or leave a comment if you would like to help so I can send you my address. From everyone that sends me cards, I'll draw a name for a fun RAK from me full of lots of my favorite goodies. It's the least I can do for your time and thoughtfulness! I would like to have all the cards in hand by October 31st so if you're willing - get creating! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs