Friday, August 15, 2008

Summer Sickness


Well, I somehow managed to pick up a nasty bug this week. I managed to go to work okay but I haven't felt the best especially in the past two days. I have about the worst sore throat I've ever had and I ache all over. I hate being sick in the summer! I just hope I don't have strep throat. Yesterday was not fun at work! If you didn't know, I write and voice radio programs for a living. It's a little difficult to be on the radio when you can barely talk or swallow but I managed okay. I rested a lot yesterday when I got home and plan on doing the same today. I do have some things to do but I just feel like laying around reading or watching TV.

I've been glued to the TV watching the Olympics since they started last week. Michael Phelps is just incredible at swimming and I have always loved women's gymnastics. I can remember watching Kerri Strug in the 1996(?) Olympics when she had to stick her vault landing for the gold. Fun stuff! Also it's really exciting that Shawn Johnson is from right here in Des Moines, Iowa - LOVE watching her compete!

Also just wanted to share a fun little shabby winter card using mostly supplies from My Mind's Eye.

Have a great weekend if I don't check in sooner! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs