Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Betty Crocker and Noel




First up today is my card from last week's Cardalicious challenge. We had to make a Christmas card using an icon from Christmas (tree, wreath, angel, etc.). I used Rusty Pickle's Snowflakes & Mittens line on this card along with some yummy Martha Stewart glitter.

I've been a busy Christmas elf around my house this past week. I baked up a storm - ginger snaps, spritz cookies, cherry mash candy, fudge, peanut butter balls, peanut brittle, cinnamon-sugared pecans, butter crunch, M & M pretzels, anise candy, and peanut clusters. Whew! I think that's it and I also think I gained 10 pounds just looking at that list. Keep in mind, a lot of what I baked was double batches. I'm usually pretty self-disciplined but my hubby is not. I have to hide some of it from him or he'll sit and eat it all! :) I always take plates of goodies to work, to our neighbors and I'm the designated candy maker in my family so it all comes with us to our Christmas get togethers.

We're all ready for Christmas at our house. The cards and letters have been sent, everything's baked, presents are wrapped...we're good to go! I'm probably going to be pretty MIA the next couple weeks. I'll try to blog another time, but after Christmas at my parent's house, we're leaving for Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri for 4 nights. Our church has a regional conference there every year and we're really excited about going. The conference ends on New Year's Eve but then we're going to Glen's mom and dad's to spend 3-4 nights with them. They live in northern Arkansas so it's just another 4 hours down to them. I'm looking forward to the visit but I know I'll be ready to come home after a week away.

In case I don't get to blog again, have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :)

1 comment:

  1. We're headed to northern Arkansas over the holiday too!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs