Sunday, August 09, 2009

Shabby chic fun!



My absolute favorite manufacturer is Melissa Frances. I find myself reaching for her products again and again and again. My favorite product to work with is her rub-ons and I am now in love with her pearls and rhinestones. I own every color available!!!! :) This layout is full of Melissa Frances products. I thought they were perfect to highlight my first Mother's Day... a day that I will always remember. I was so unbelievably exhausted that day so I cried off and on. Before this year, Mother's Day was always an incredibly painful day for me. I purposely avoided going to church that day just because I didn't want to deal with the baby dedication that takes place. I just couldn't handle it. So, now that I FINALLY got to be a mom myself, I couldn't stop crying. I was also really missing my grandma and wishing that she could be here to see my daughters. Glen made the day really memorable for me by surprising me with a spa gift certificate and a beautiful silver charm for a necklace with two parents and two children. He captured my surprise and emotions really well in the photos on the bottom of the page.

We had a bit of a busy week. I'm going a little stir crazy at home. I love being home with my girls but sometimes I just crave a little adult interaction besides members of my own family. It's been virtually impossible to go to small group or do things at night simply because the girls are so fussy from about 6-8 before we start feeding them their bedtime bottle. And then when I get stir crazy, I start feeling really down. It was so nice just to get dressed up to go to church this morning. Sometimes I really feel like a frumpy housewife because all I wear are shorts and t-shirts! It does a world of wonder to put on a dress and a little lip gloss. :) I have also decided it is absolutely essential that I exercise. We can't afford my gym membership right now but to feel healthy and better about myself I have to keep moving and stay toned. These are girls are chubbing up and I have to have a strong back or I'll be in trouble! So, I'm going to start making exercise a daily priority.

Well, I best get lunch started. My parents are on their way here for their weekly visit. Two little girls are impossible for them to resist and they visit all the time! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'll work out with you!! My sister gave me a couple workout DVDs that are kickboxing "Turbo Jam". I need to get my heartrate up too. Let me know what you think!! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs