Monday, January 11, 2010

Snow Much Joy (and scrapping for twins!)





I have another new layout to share today using the Dear Santa kit from NoelMignon.com. Noel's kits are AMAZING. Seriously. She packs them full of papers and embellishments and I always feel like I am more than getting my money's worth. And, her kits are definitely my style with lots of product from manufacturers I use. This is just an endorsement from a very happy customer. I have scoured the web for kits I like and hers are consistently among my favs.

At any rate, I just LOVED these photos of Nora we took over Christmas at my parents. The girls both loved being out in the snow for the first time but Nora's eyes just took on a little extra sparkle so I decided to highlight these photos in a layout by themselves. I have another layout to share later this week using one of the photos here but it is more of a whole family page.

On this particular layout, I did a lot of machine stitching and distressing to add texture to the page. I also challenged myself to pull something older out of my stash to use on the page. I've had these Heidi Swapp snowflakes forever and they were the perfect embellishment. The colors in the fabric "joy" matched Nora's coat exactly. I love it when things work out that way.

The title of my post also included (and scrapping for twins) so I wanted to share what I have decided to do about the girls' scrapbooks. Initially, I thought I would create duplicate pages of everything I made but then the more I thought about it...I decided that was just crazy. It would be so much work and take some of the joy out of creating for me. I decided it was more important to get the memories documented than worry about the girls each having the pages some day. They can either fight over the pages with both of them or make color copies. I'm also planning on creating layouts with each individual girl as well (such as the one you see here). They might be twins but they definitely have distinct and different personalities and it's important to me to capture that in their scrapbooks. Those layouts will be theirs to keep.

Well, I've got a couple of kiddos to feed some lunch. More from me this week! :)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:24 PM

    I want not approve on it. I regard as precise post. Expressly the appellation attracted me to read the sound story.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs