Thursday, January 07, 2010

We Believe







I have another new layout to share with you today. I used Melissa Frances's Christmas line on this one. It's one of my favorite Christmas lines I have ever come across and I've been dying to use it. Despite the blizzard conditions, we had a great first Christmas with the girls. Before the holidays even came about, we would put them in front of the tree and they were just fascinated by all the lights and ornaments. I captured these photos one such morning.

To make the tree on my layout, I cut out leaves using my Cricut and added a little cream paint to the edges to shabby them up. The ornaments were made by layering Rusty Pickle buttons and Melissa Frances rhinestones. I used a pinking shears on the very edge of the larger patterned paper and sewed it onto kraft cardstock using both straight and zigzag stitches. Everything got a touch of cream paint before it was adhered to the page.

We're having another snow day in Iowa today. The weather has been unreal here the past month. This is our third BLIZZARD. Crazy! It's the kind of winter that my parents remember. I remember having a snow day here and there growing up but nothing quite like this. But, I'm thankful we're all snuggly warm in our cozy house and maybe having another day in our jammies. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jill,

    Love the layout of the twins and the baby box! Nice! You're going to think I'm crazy, but I can't find your contact info anywhere! Will you please send me an email at kdlwalk@kc.rr.com so we can get you designing? Thanks! Dee (The Scrappy Gourmet who has lost her head!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ack! I don't think I've ever seen this one Jill. It is STUNNING! I love, love, love how you did the tree.

    Thanks for making our products look SO good :-)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs