Friday, March 19, 2010

Relax!






Well, I sure wish I was here (in Florida) about now! Two years ago in May, we took an amazing trip to St. Petersburg and Disney World. We absolutely adored the beach and resort where we stayed. Glen took these photos of me on the beach during a sunset one night. I've been scrapping the girls so much lately that it was fun to revisit these photos and get more of our trip in my scrapbooks.

I kept this layout fairly simple and used Graphic 45's new "On the Boardwalk" collection. I punched circles out of 3 of the patterned papers and shabbied them up with cream paint. I layered them and used foam adhesive for dimension on the top layer. I love the new Jenni Bowlin cut-out alphabet and used that for my title. I also used a little cream burlap at the top and shabbied the edges of my kraft cardstock. Kraft cardstock has become my "go-to" neutral for many of my layouts. I just love the homespun look it gives.

We have had absolutely beautiful weather the past few days in Iowa. It's been 55 or so and then yesterday was over 60. The girls and I have been out for walks each day. Unfortunately, we're supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow over the weekend. I guess I can put up with one more snow storm because I know the snow won't last.

The girls have both recovered well from their bad virus. I'm still on the mend...not quite myself yet. I hope to be 100% soon because I have a lot to accomplish in the next few weeks. One thing I need to do is give my house a good deep clean. Since I've been sick, I let the housework go a little bit and it desperately needs caught up.

Have a fabulous weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs