Thursday, April 08, 2010

Birthday Invitations & Midnight Rooster

I thought I would share what I did for the girls' 1st birthday party invitations today. Their 1st birthday is on May 1st and I am getting really excited to celebrate! After thinking about what theme I wanted to go with, I decided that a cupcake themed party would be pretty fun for a 1st birthday. I had to make 25 of these invitations so I kept the design fairly simple. I used my Cricut and the Wild Card cartridge to cut out the cupcake shaped card. The cupcake pieces were cut from Crate Paper's "Pink Plum" collection...perfect for little girls. I inked the candle on the cupcake with yellow chalk ink, printed the party details and matted them on pink cardstock for the inside of the invitation. Pretty simple and pretty cute! I'm hoping to create some other things for their party using the cupcake theme but this is at least a good start.



I am also really excited about THIS fun news. I have been invited to join the design team for Midnight Rooster, a brand new kit club debuting really soon. I love the challenge of designing for a kit club so I am very much looking forward to this. The website will be up soon but in the mean time be sure to join Midnight Rooster's Facebook page.  

And lastly, I'll leave you with a photo of my two cuties on Easter. I had so much fun dressing them up for church and they looked so girly and sweet. We have so many great photos that I can't wait to scrap!



Have a great day! :)

8 comments:

  1. Cute girls Jill, love the invite!! You could make a cupcake garland with photos of the girls on it.

    Congrats on the design team for the kit club!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! Where did you find that cute little logo! I need to get that! :)

    Congrats to you!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your girls are beautiful!
    love the cupcake invite... congrats on the DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all congrats on the design team!!! I love designing for kit clubs! :) Your little girls are just ADORABLE and preparing for the party has to be so fun for you! I love that Crate Paper collection too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet pic of the girls! They are way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the girls are soooo cute!!! that card is fab!!!! and i need to check out the rooster! (we call ds a chicken so it would be quite fitting that i at least check lol)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the invite. It's so pretty! Your cuties are so CUTE! What a fantastic Easter photo!

    Congrats on the new kit club team! I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. can we play with your babies????? please????? they are the sweetest!!!! i adore the invite~

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs