Saturday, January 22, 2011

I'm 30 Today & My Mind's Eye: Blog Challenge #19

Today is my 30th birthday! I'm really excited to have my family come help me celebrate. It seems surreal that I am embarking on another decade of my life. My 20s were great! I graduated from college, started my first job, met and married my husband, bought my home, met a lot of new friends, did a lot of traveling, and became the momma to my two sweet girls. I struggled a lot in my 20s too but always looked to God for the grace to handle it. I'm looking forward to what my 30s will bring! I'll admit it - I am slightly depressed about the fact that I am turning th-th-thirty but instead of sitting around feeling sorry for myself I am going to P-A-R-T-Y with my family today! Heehee!

A blog post wouldn't be complete without me sharing a layout so here's one that I created for the My Mind's Eye Blog Challenge #19. I used the So Sophie and Lost & Found collections for this layout about my girls' first sled ride and "accident" last winter. (Daddy took a corner a little too fast and Lily ended up face first in the snow). She was fine, but we still laugh about it. :) 


Here are a few close-ups...


I punched the snowflakes (Martha Stewart punch) out of text paper from the Lost & Found collection and placed brads in the center. This photo is the aftermath of the "accident". Heehee!



I placed a tag for my journaling underneath the main photo. 



That's all for today! I'm off to get ready for my company! Have a great weekend! :)

4 comments:

  1. What a cute layout! And happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy late birthday, girl! And LOVE the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday!! So young and so accomplished!!!! The layout is super cute, love the circle photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday!! So young and so accomplished!!!! The layout is super cute, love the circle photos!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs