Monday, March 28, 2011

Lily Bee LOVE!

One of my favorite companies is Lily Bee Design, and when I heard they were having a design team call, I knew I had to go for it! Today I'm going to share some of my very favorite Lily Bee projects right here on my blog.

My first project is a mini album using the "Lovely" collection that was published in a recent special issue of Scrapbook Trends. I created the album using a combination of a Clear Scraps tabbed album and Maya Road kraft envelopes. All of the photos are from one ordinary day in our lives last May (be sure to click on the photos to see them larger).



My next project is a 2-page layout using the "Christmas Town" collection. I adore the colors in this collection...traditional green and red with pops of teal and black...LOVE! We buy the girls new Christmas pajamas every year and that's the focus of this layout. I went a little outside my normal "go-to" design and incorporated a lot of circles on this layout. I love the poem "'Twas the night before Christmas" and one stanza of the poem is included with the "Christmas Town" rub-ons. I placed the poem on strips of white cardstock and then accented the sections with strips of black patterned paper. (Again, click on the photo to see larger). 


I also used some paper doilies that I got at a craft store and punched patterned paper scalloped circles to fit. 


A little red machine stitching around the edges gives a pop of color against the neutral kraft background and adds texture.


I also used Maya Road white transparency doilies behind the pictures of the girls by themselves and layered Lily Bee chipboard flowers and buttons as accents.


I love the Lily Bee banner stickers but instead used them to draw attention to my largest photo of the girls together (almost makes the the photo look like a Christmas ornament). 


My next project is a card set using several Lily Bee collections (click to see larger).


Here's a look at each card individually...The "Catching Fall" collection was my favorite of Lily Bee's fall/winter release last year. I just love the designs and colors. For this card, I layered paper strips and stickers.


And here's a card with the "Lovely" collection. I layered Lily Bee chipboard flowers with tulle and a paper doily. I pleated the patterned paper to look like ribbon and punched a few butterflies.


For this "Merry" card, I used the "Christmas Town" banner stickers to form a Christmas tree that I placed on a paper doily. A little seam binding bow is in the center of the tree along with a little scrap of vintage music paper for a tree trunk. 


For my next project, I have a one-page layout that uses the just released "Picket Fence" collection. Love this collection so much! The patterns and colors are so soft and pretty. I created another layout for the girls' monthly album...this time using their 18 months photos. I also used an "oatmeal" background sheet from the "Stationary" collection. 



I used a couple new Paper Trey Ink dies that I picked up recently to create the doily and flower accents. 


I love the new alphabet stickers that are included in each of the new collections. I knew one of the first ways I wanted to create with them was to incorporate them in my journaling and that's what I did here. 



I saved my favorite project for last! As I said, my favorite collection was "Catching Fall" and I used it here with a family photo and a wooden house that I picked up at Hobby Lobby. I painted the house cream and used a crackle medium to create a shabby look. 


I placed a Maya Road flower at the top of the house with a couple stick pins. I also love the rub-ons that are part of this collection and I repeated the "so blessed" sentiment across the roof of the house. 


For the roof of the house, I glued brown buttons to the top and accented them with Martha Stewart glitter. Maya Road rick rack trim is behind the roof...adding more dimension and interest. 


I misted brand new Maya Road canvas banners with Coffee Shop mist by Tattered Angels and then used Lily Bee stickers on each triangle. I layered Lily Bee chipboard buttons in the center and added a brad. I then strung all the canvas banners on wire and hot glued the banner to the house. 


I kept the rest of my design fairly simple and used patterned paper in each of the sections of the house as well as layering Lily Bee chipboard flowers and buttons as embellishments.


And there you have it! An entire blog post dedicated to my Lily Bee love! :)

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs