Thursday, May 05, 2011

Two Pretty Girls

I think this might be a personal record for me as far as timeliness in getting photos scrapped. As you know, my little girls turned two this past Sunday and I've already scrapped one birthday photo! And how could I not? The gorgeous "Mary Ellen" kit from Noel Mignon had perfect birthday colors for my girls' party pictures! (I used Crate Paper's Emma's Shoppe collection to create the majority of their party decor...more on this another time). The Mary Ellen kit also has bits and pieces of Emma Shoppe in it and Noel has plenty of Crate Paper in the shop as well! Here is my first birthday layout: "Two Pretty Girls are Turning 2". I used a piece of pink ledger paper by Pink Paislee for the background and misted it lightly with white mist.


I created the title by piecing together the Cosmo Cricket yellow chipboard letters, a journaling card by Crate Paper, Sassafras Lass alphabet stickers (from a previous kit) and The Girls' Paperie chipboard letters (from my stash). 


I cut The Girls' Paperie rosettes in half and made a banner with them. The Maya Road buttons were inked with old paper distress ink and then threaded with Martha Stewart twine. I used silver Stickles on a sticker by The Girls' Paperie, although a similar effect could be achieved by die-cutting a number and placing it on a ledger background.



I accented the number 2 with two yellow star pins by Maya Road and then added my journaling.


Finally, I layered paper by October Afternoon, an Elle's Studio tag, The Girls' Paperie brad and a little machine stitching for texture.

More birthday fun to come soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs