Tuesday, August 02, 2011

You & Grandpa

My grandpa absolutely adores his great-granddaughters. Anytime he makes a trip into "the city", he makes sure to stop at our house to see them. He always says he's just going to stay for "a little while" but  spends more time with us. When the girls were really little, they would just hang out on grandpa's lap and let him hold them but now that they are on the move, it's a little more difficult to get them to sit still. Over the 4th of July, little Lily climbed right up into grandpa's lap and stayed there for a while and we were able to get a few photos of the two of them. 

My layout uses the "Antique Store" collection by Pretty Little Studio. I pulled the colors straight from their dress and shirt for this one and kept some of the embellishments "old-fashioned" for this family layout. 


For the title, I used one of Pretty Little Studio's die-cut journaling blocks and adhered stickers by Sassafras Lass, Basic Grey and Fancy Pants. 



And here's another instance where I used Pretty Little Studio's vintage buttons. Also of note is one of my favorite die-cuts from this collection, the half-slice vintage bottle caps. These make great banners and I used a few of them below my focal point photo. 


This was my last project to share from my term at Pretty Little Studio. I had a wonderful time working with Melissa and creating with her collections. I know she has some great ideas in the works for Halloween and Christmas so I'll be keeping my eye on her next releases. 

Have a great day! :)

1 comment:

  1. Ahh Thanks Jill! We loved having you on our team.

    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs