Thursday, September 29, 2011

Elementary Memories

At the end of the summer, I visited my old elementary school for one last hurrah. The building will no longer be used to house elementary students and will probably be eventually torn down. It was a little bittersweet to walk the halls where I spent K-6th grade. I have a lot of memories here. Generations of my family went to school here including my grandma when it was at that time, the high school. Safety issues and a lack of funds to update the building made it no longer usable for students. I'm so happy that I went back to visit before I wouldn't have the chance again. 

I captured my visit using the "Study Hall" kit from Noel Mignon and kept my design very simple so I could fit 6 photos on my layout. 


I created a fun little banner (yes, still obsessed with banners) using patterned paper, the burlap trim, a Fancy Pants sticker and an Elle's Studio tag. A rub-on, button and brad add a little something extra.


Here I layered a Fancy Pants filter, chalkboard sticker, Jenni Bowlin flower and an October Afternoon pin.


I decided to put my journaling on a tag (and wrote on both sides of it) and then tied it off with twine and placed it behind my main photo. 


You know someday I might like to visit my old high school too and take the same type of tour. It's been a while since I've been through those doors. I know it won't look the same now but it would still be fun to visit. 

Have a great day! :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice you got to do that! A search yesterday revealed my old elem. school had been torn down! Sad...
    Great layout. Blessings, Sharon

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs