Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Thankful Quilted Canvas

Good morning, friends! I have a home decor project to share with you today that I absolutely LOVE because of the rich, warm colors and homespun feel. I created this project as my first design work for Emma's Paperie using the gorgeous Farmhouse collection by Crate Paper. (For a complete supply list, please visit the Emma's Paperie blog).

I have been very inspired by a lot of the quilt patterns I have come across on Pinterest and decided to take one to paper! I cut out a bunch of diamonds from patterned paper and then arranged them into this star pattern. I machine stitched around the outside and inside of the diamonds and then added a rough running stitch by hand using embroidery floss.

I was going back and forth on framing the piece and then decided it needed a little something extra so I put in on an 11 x 14 canvas. But first, I needed to shabby up the canvas so I painted it cream, then used a crackle medium and then painted it a warm, rich brown.


I misted a paper doily with cream mist and then created a bow using burlap trim by My Mind's Eye.


Here's a close-up of the diamonds and stitching...


Thanks for looking and enjoy your day! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jill, I just LOVE this! It's stunning! And very inspiring too! Great work!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs