Thursday, December 08, 2011

December Memories: 1-4

I decided last month that I wanted to create a December Daily album but when I actually sat down to work on this project, I knew that wasn't going to work for me. We are several days into December now and have already done so much for Christmas around our house that the idea of a daily album honestly stressed me out. So I decided to take this project and create a "25 Memories of Christmas" album instead! That way I am not restricted to keeping what we do on specific days and make it more about the memories we are creating. I have four memories to share with you today and I'm hoping to be "caught up" on the rest of them by this weekend.

I am using a combination of the brand new "Mistletoe and Holly" kit from Noel Mignon and some older product in my stash from past Noel Mignon kits. Call me silly, but some of the products in the new kit I can't stand to use yet because they might make it into my regular family albums, and I want this album to have more of a journal feel to it. I also picked up the Fancy Pants Brag Book from the shop in red to use as my album.

1) North Pole Breakfast - We started a new tradition in our family this year by bringing in December 1st with a festive breakfast. Buddy the Elf made his first daily appearance and we also started our Advent calendar tree (both of these events will have their own pages so I mainly shared about the breakfast itself.)


2) Cinnamon Ornaments - We made applesauce cinnamon ornaments for our tree and to give as little gifts to family members. The girls had fun rolling out the dough and cutting shapes - a preview to cookie making later this month.


3) Christmas Countdown - I shared a photo of the actual calendar itself and then us opening up the tree the first day and the little treat inside. (By the way, I love the pages in the album with the swirls - they add so much to the album).


4) Grandma's Cream Wafers - I do A LOT of Christmas baking each year. And this year, I got it started by making my Grandma's famous cream wafers. They are so much work but sooooo worth it. I'm happy to be carrying on this family tradition. 


So, there you have it! Four Christmas memories preserved in a very simple, journal style. As soon as I'm "caught up", I plan on working on this each night and it shouldn't take me more than a half hour to do so. By the way, I should also share that I have not yet completed the cover for my album. Anytime I create a mini album, I save the cover for the very last. I just seem to create better that way!

More soon! :)

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Jill!!! I love how you are using the journaling pages for photos, too. Can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE the Fancy Pants Brag Book and how you've used it. I still don't have an album for my December Daily, so I'm thinking that I better add the FP book to my Christmas wish list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! The photos and embellies really "pop" against the kraft pages.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs