Saturday, September 15, 2012

Simple Stories: The Great Apple Catastrophe

Good morning! Today I have a layout to share with one of my family's favorite fall adventures = the apple orchard! Last year, the girls had a ball picking apples and filling our bag. And then they took the full bag and tipped it over - apples went everywhere! I chose to size my photos to 2.25" squares so I could use 6 of them to tell the story of "The Great Apple Catastrophe" using Simple Stories' "Harvest Lane" collection. (We're planning another apple orchard adventure this week but sadly, we won't be picking any apples - a late, spring frost limited the apple crop this year).

SSweb_The_Great_Apple_Catastrophe
I love the little faux "washi tape" stickers in this collection and chose three to place at the top of my photos.

Details1The_Great_Apple_Catastrophe

The_Great_Apple_Catastrophe_details2
I also punched some apples out of patterned paper to place between the photos.

The_Great_Apple_Catastrophe_details3
As always, I like to create a card while I have my supplies out and this time I made the most of my supplies. I used the negatives of the apple punches I made for the layout.

So_Very_Thankful_SS
A little ribbon, button, twine and stick pin to embellish...

SoVery_Thankful_details1
Thanks for visiting today and enjoy the rest of your weekend! :)

2 comments:

  1. These are both fabulous projects Jill but I absolutely love that layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the layout!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs