Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Gossamer Blue: October Reveal

Good morning! I meant to post all of my work with Gossamer Blue's October kit yesterday but I had a sick kiddo so instead you're getting this photo heavy post today! I am in mad love with the beautiful fall colors in this kit and was super inspired to get out with my kids and get some new photos so I can create more with the kit.

Last fall, the girls and I went on a leaf hunt in our yard looking for different colors and shapes of leaves. Then we came instead and did crayon rubbings of them. I used the digital files included in the kit quite literally and just resized and printed the jpg and cut them out.  I don't own a Cameo so this is a way you can still create using the files.


I love the little Smash clips and used them on quite a few projects.



Check out Lily's expression when we made a crayon rubbing. ;)


Lately I have been trying to do more layouts that focus on relationships my girls have with special people in their life. This is them with my dad and they just adore their grandpa. I had a mix of colors in the photo so I made it black and white and then pulled out the brown, blue and cream products in the kit.


The arrows were made with a Stampin' Up photo corner punch. 


I layered a bunch of products here - Jillibean Soup flag, Basic Grey file folder, Bella Blvd. patterned paper, Smash clip, and Shabby Chic tag. The triangle was die-cut with a PaperTrey Ink banner die.



This one might just be my favorite for the month because of all the texture. I chose some of my favorite photos from the pumpkin patch last year for this layout. I had just enough white space on the large photo that I could place my title.


The pumpkin border is an EK Success punch. 


I punched some large leaves and then stitched the "veins." 


Also love that Basic Grey Clippings garland...


I was very drawn to the library card paper from Lawn Fawn and came across these photos of the girls and me reading together. I have always been a book worm so it's been fun to share my love of books and the library with the girls. We read together about every day and usually multiple books too. I love catching them "reading" by themselves as well. :)


I love the variety of alphabet stickers included in the kit - so many options!




I also created a couple of quick and easy cards this month....






Thanks so much to Lori for having me this month at Gossamer Blue! It was such an honor and I really enjoyed working with the main kit and add-ons so much! Lori has such a knack for combining products and there was such a variety of texture which I appreciate as a simple scrapper!

Thanks for visiting me today! :)

7 comments:

  1. WOW!! I just adore your work! Amazing projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make scrapping seem so easy. :) All of your projects are amazing as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO many FUN projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO excited to have you at GB this month!! LOVE them all!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill, thank you soooo much! I love everything you created. It's all stunning. You are so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tracey Rhodes4:11 PM

    Jill, I love how you used that pumpkin border. Now, I want it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute Idea with the straw and the spool and the circle banner is super cute!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs