Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Gossamer Blue: Apples x3

Good morning! Can you believe it's October already? I have one more layout to share with you using the September Gossamer Blue kits. I finished up with the October kits yesterday and I can't wait to show you what I have been working on!

I find that a lot of my two-page layouts are created around a particular event where I might have hundreds of photos. Every fall, my family goes to our local apple orchard for an afternoon of fun. This past year, we were not able to pick our own apples because of an early frost but we still enjoyed the farm yard activities and were able to buy apples in the store.


For my titles, I wanted to mix and match the alphabets included in the kits. I also used one of the My Mind’s Eye chalkboard labels for one set of the alphabet stickers. I am really loving the printables each month – here I cut out a couple of the circles to use as embellishments.



I placed my journaling on one of the Life Pages 3×4 cards and tucked it behind my main focal point photo.


On the second page, I highlighted a close-up of baskets of apples by placing one of the My Mind’s Eye chalkboard frames right on top of the photo. I like that it doesn’t fit but just shows off a portion of the photo.


Finally, I wanted to bring out the apple theme some more so I created these funky apples by strategically punching them out of patterned paper and then layering buttons and enamel dots by My Mind’s Eye. I also placed one of the apples on a printable circle on the left-hand page.


I'll be back tomorrow with some sneak peeks of the October Gossamer Blue kits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs