Monday, February 17, 2014

Gossamer Blue: It's Adventureland

Good morning! Hope you all had a great weekend! I'm sitting here watching it snow for the millionth time this winter and wishing desperately for spring! I am so over winter! 

Today I have a new layout to share for Gossamer Blue and the February kits. This month the team was able to work with sketches from PageMaps and I had the double page sketch. One of our family’s favorite summer activities is to visit a very fun theme park in our town. The girls absolutely love going on all the rides!



I love to make sketches my own and I changed up a few things using the sketch. I had a few more photos to use than what the sketch allowed so I sized them to 2.5″ and placed them on the left of the larger photo on the first page and another square photo on the second page.


I love using the transparency frames as places to rest my photos. The Life Pages cards are also great for photos on layouts!


This month’s kits are full of great embellishments! I used some of the exclusive printables, flair and puffy stickers.


Finally, one of the major ways I changed up the sketch was to change the focal point. The sketch had a large circle covering both of the pages. Instead, I made a design using 1/4″ strips of patterned papers and machine stitching. The design also covers both pages.


Thanks for stopping by today! I'll share a couple more pages with the February Gossamer Blue kits tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome Jill! Absolutely fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs