Thursday, March 05, 2015

What I'm Reading: February


Welcome to What I'm Reading - the February edition. February was a very cold month so I spent a lot of it curled up with a book. Let's dig in....

1) Attachments by Rainbow Rowell - This was my second book by Rowell. It was a quick, fun read with a cute love story. I enjoyed the email format woven throughout the book.

2) The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh - This was one of the best books I have read in a very long time. It was a heartbreaking look into the foster care system and went back and forth between the past and present day. I would highly recommend this one!


3) Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - Do you sense a theme here? I actually didn't care for this one at all but again I have this weird thing where I have to finish a book. The story ended abruptly and I didn't like the fanfiction sections - I just skimmed over them. 

4) Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline - This was a blend of historical and modern day fiction and was a really great read. I even cried at the end if that tells you anything. 


5) Daring Greatly by Brene Brown - This one took me all month to read for the Lemon Dropper book club. It was very heavy so I had to read a little bit, take notes and then put it down for a while so I could process it. I usually focus on spiritual books if I'm going to read anything outside of fiction. But I would highly recommend this one - it gave me a new perspective on being vulnerable and facing my fears. 
 

Thanks for stopping by! I can't wait to share my March reads with you all! :)

1 comment:

  1. I just read The Language of Flowers recently. It was so good! I've heard great things about Daring Greatly. Brene Brown is always quoted in Oprah magazine.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs